…Direct Access makes it simple for us to operate solely in a more straight-forward provider-client basis. Without insurance company requirements, we can determine frequency, program, length of plan, & which treatments to utilize. This in turn ends up creating a more efficient, effective, and economical model for you as the patient.
What does it mean to be a "Direct Access" state?
In the state of Colorado, a doctors' referral is not usually required. There are a few exceptions with insurance companies or specific policies however.
We'll be happy to walk you through that process!
Colorado is a direct access state for physical therapy.
This means that you can very likely access physical therapy care without a referral. If you would like your insurance to pay for physical therapy services, it is important to contact your insurance company to determine if a referral is necessary for benefits to be paid out.
Want to skip insurance & the referral?
If insurance is not available, you do not need a referral. We also offer a private-pay alternative!
If you'd like to utilize our "private-pay" or "cash pay" options, you're encouraged to do so. At some point in your treatment/program, we can provide you with a superbill to submit to your insurance company in your own time. We reduce out private pay rates by 50% to accommodate people that either cannot use their insurance with us, or choose not to!
We find that patients & clients go this route in quite a few circumstances.
Click here to learn more.
- You may have a very large deductible or out-of-pocket responsibility, so everything is out-of-pocket regardless.
- You may not wish to involve insurance companies, period.
- You may opt to see a provider that does not take your specific insurance.
- You acknowledge that your treatment is not considered "medically necessary", and may not be covered.
- Your insurance benefits may have expired, but you still need care.
- You may not have insurance.
- Your Insurance plan operates on a closed network basis. You may still wish to see someone out of that particular network.
- Fill in the blank:
Regardless of the circumstances, we try to make this as easy as possible. If you treat with us, you can utilize an HSA (health savings account), an FSA (flexible spending account), an HRA (health reimbursement account) or any other form of payment. It comes down to this- your physical well-being is in need of some guidance, and we can help.